If you are an international student seeking to pursue a Master’s degree program in Canada, then the Canadian Government Scholarships 2023-24 is an opportunity that you should not miss. The scholarship program is fully funded and covers all academic disciplines, offering selected students the chance to study in Canada free of cost.
Financial Benefits of Canadian Government Scholarships 2023-24
The scholarship program is fully funded and covers all expenses related to the student’s studies in Canada. The financial benefits of the scholarship include:
- CAD 10,200 for college, undergraduate or graduate students (Master’s and PhD) for a minimum of four months or one academic term of study or research; or
- CAD 12,700 for graduate students (Master’s and PhD) for a period of five to six months of study or research.
- Funds allocated to the recipients by DFATD, the Canadian host institution may also claim CAD 500 per award recipient to assist with administrative costs once the recipient arrives in Canada.
- Visa/study/work permit fees/travel related to the collection of biometrics
- Economy-Class Airfare Ticket
- Health insurance
- Tuition fees and mandatory expenses for the academic program for up to 20 months
- Living expenses such as accommodation, utilities, and food
- Ground transportation expenses, including a public transportation pass
- Books and supplies are required for the recipient’s study or research, excluding computers and other equipment.
Note that the award does not cover language training.
Scholarship Duration and Available Academic Programs
The scholarship is available for a minimum of one academic year (8 months) and a maximum of two academic years (24 months total), which must begin between August 2022 and February 2023. The Study in Canada Scholarships program is open to students from all disciplines.
Eligibility Criteria for Canadian Government Scholarships 2023-24
To be eligible for the scholarship, you must:
- Be citizens of one of the following eligible countries: Azerbaijan, Bhutan, Comoros, Djibouti, Fiji, Kazakhstan, Kiribati, Liberia, Mauritania, Micronesia, Palau, Tonga, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, and Vanuatu. Palestinians from the West Bank, Gaza and East Jerusalem are also eligible.
- Not hold Canadian citizenship or permanent residency and must not have a pending application for permanent residency in Canada.
- Apply and be admitted to a full-time academic program at a Canadian post-secondary institution.
- Indicate their interest in being considered for the Study in Canada Scholarships program when applying for admission at a Canadian institution.
- Possess the linguistic competencies necessary to undertake studies in the language of instruction at a Canadian post-secondary institution (English or French).
Application Deadline and Procedure
The last date to apply for the Canadian Government Scholarships for International Students 2023-24 is 21st March 2023. The application process is online, and interested candidates can apply by creating an account on the official website and following the instructions given.
To apply for the scholarship, follow these steps:
- Log in or create an account using the “Apply Link” provided on the official website.
- Select the Study in Canada Scholarships program in the “For Non-Canadians” section and click on “Apply Now”.
Step 3: Enter data in the fields marked mandatory and follow instructions for each item.
You will need to provide personal information, including your name, date of birth, country of citizenship, and contact information. You will also need to provide information about your academic background, including the degree or diploma you hold, the name of your institution, and your academic achievements.
Step 4: Upload all required supporting documents.
You will need to upload a copy of your passport, your CV or resume, your academic transcripts, and any other supporting documents that demonstrate your academic achievements or your proficiency in English or French.
Step 5: Verify the data prior to submission.
Before you submit your application, make sure to review all of the information you have entered to ensure that it is accurate and complete.
Step 6: Click “SUBMIT.”
Once you have reviewed all of your information and uploaded all of the required documents, click the “SUBMIT” button to complete your application. You will receive a confirmation message and a reference number for your submission.
The Canadian Government Scholarships for International Students 2023-24 is an excellent opportunity for students from eligible countries to study in Canada for free. This fully-funded scholarship covers all expenses, including tuition, living expenses, and travel. If you are interested in pursuing a master’s degree or a short course in Canada, then you should consider applying for this scholarship.
The application process is straightforward and can be completed online. The deadline to apply is March 21, 2023, so make sure to submit your application before then. Good luck!