Scholarship opportunities are now open at Barry University, USA. Interested applicants can apply to pursue their undergraduate studies and their educational interests if they qualify. The scholarship is a full scholarship and will award $6,000 as a stipend.
Barry University is a private Catholic university in Miami Shores, Florida. Founded in 1940 by the Adrian Dominican Sisters, it is one of the largest Catholic universities in the Southeast and is within the territory of the Archdiocese of Miami.
University or Organization: Barry University
Department: Any course offered at the University
Course Level: Undergraduate
Award: Full Scholarship and $6,000 stipend
Number of Awards: NA
Access Mode: Online
To be eligible for the scholarship, you must:
- Open to first-year freshmen (US citizen, resident, or international student);
- A high school GPA of 3.5 or higher;
- Demonstrated and active leadership
Scholarship Application Guidelines
Applications, required essays, and supporting documents will be received by January 15, 2023, at 11:59 PM ET. A complete application consists of an essay and other documents.
Essays should summarize your leadership experiences and personal qualities that you believe would make you an asset to the Barrie University community.
Supporting documentation must be relevant to your application and may include letters of support, records of high school extracurricular activities, certificates of achievement or other confirmation, newspaper or other news clippings, and/or short videos (maximum 3 minutes). Could be YouTube, www.zeemee.com, etc.).
When you submit your video, tell us a little bit about yourself, your interests and why you want to be a part of Barry’s community. Include anything that you think supports your application but that you did not express adequately in your application or essay.
- Annual renewable scholarship for tuition, books, room and board, and transportation
- Additional $6,000 award for study abroad or other extraordinary learning experience
- A faculty member who serves as your academic advisor in the content area of your major
- Unique cultural experiences
- Leadership training and service activities
- Receptions and dinner with the donors and faculty
- Prominent leadership opportunities, including the Presidential Ambassador Programme and being a student representative at University events
- Access to a national network of Stamps Scholars and special Stamps leadership and fellowship programmes.