The University of Leeds is now offering scholarship opportunities to give outstanding candidates the recognition they deserve for the 2023/2024 session. This scholarship is fully funded and available to international students.
The University of Leeds is looking for motivated, self-reliant individuals with a passion for research and we welcome candidates who can dedicate themselves to a challenging journey and who have high aspirations for a successful career in the future, whether in academia or industry in life.
The University of Leeds is a public research university located in Leeds, West Yorkshire, England. It was established in 1874 as the Yorkshire Academy of Science. In 1884, it merged with Leeds Medical School and changed its name to Yorkshire College. The University of Leeds is the 11th largest university in the UK in terms of student population, receiving over 67,000 undergraduate applications each year. This makes it the fifth most popular university.
- University or Organization: University of Leeds
- Department: Business School
- Course Level: Postgraduate
- Award: Full Scholarship | £17,668 Annual Maintenance Fee
- Number of Awards: 4
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- Applicants must not already have a PhD or be currently pursuing a PhD.
- Awards must be accepted by October 1, 2023.
- The award is for new postgraduate researchers undertaking full-time or part-time research to complete a PhD. lead to. Students already enrolled in a doctoral research program are excluded from the application.
- Applicants must live within a reasonable distance of the University of Leeds at the time of the scholarship.
Scholarship Application Guidelines
Step1: Start by applying for a research position by completing the Research Application Form. If English is not your native language, you will need to meet our PhD eligibility criteria, including English language requirements.
Step 2: Applicants must attend two interviews and be evaluated by at least four academic staff before being awarded a scholarship. The first round of interviews includes at least two CASIF directors.
If an applicant is deemed worthy of continuation, a member of the mentoring team will participate in a second round of interviews.
Exceptional applicants may be eligible for Accounting and Finance Department Scholarships by the application deadline.
Benefits of the scholarship
Prices are inclusive of the full University of Leeds standard rate.
Maintenance allowance at UKRI standard rates (£17,668 in 2022/23). Full-time (3.5 years). The award is initially awarded for one year and may be extended for a further two and a half years upon satisfactory academic progress.